The academic year at Polish universities runs from October till June. The year is usually divided into two fifteen week terms (semesters): winter semester and summer semester.
All international students are always officially welcomed at the University of Lodz during an orientation meeting at the beginning of each semester. Details of the meeting will be sent to each student via e-mail.
Incoming students are also encouraged to join Polish Language Course in September preceding the academic year.
Changes to Learning Agreements are only to be made during the first 14 days of a semester.
The winter semester starts on 1 October 2017 and ends on 11 February 2018
Classes are held from 3 October 2017 till 21 January 2018
- 3 Oct. 2017 – 21 Jan. 2018 classes
Days off on:
- 31 Oct. due to All Saints Day
- 1 Nov All Saints Day
- 11 Nov. Independence Day
- 23 Dec. – 2 Jan. Winter Holidays
- 6 Jan. Epiphany Day
- 22 Jan. – 04 Feb. winter semester exams
- 5 Feb. – 11 Feb. holidays between semesters
The summer semester starts on 12 February and ends on 30 September 2018
Classes are held from 12 February till 1 June 2018
- 12 Feb. – 18 Feb. make-up of winter semester exams
- 12 Feb. – 1 Jun. classes
Days off on:
- 29 Mar. – 3 Apr. Spring Holidays
- 30 Apr. due to Labour Day
- 1 May Labour Day
- 2 May National Flag of Poland Day
- 3 May Constitution Day
- one Friday in May may be off due to Yearly Student Carnival
- 20 May Pentecost
- 23 May University of Lodz Celebration Day
- 31 May Corpus Christi
- 2 Jun. – 10 Jun. revision period
- 11 Jun. – 30 Jun. summer semester exams
The summer semester make-up exam session is in September and its precise dates are to be settled by the Dean of the Faculty. This make-up exam session is for full-time students only and doesn’t concern international mobility students.